Are you aware of the dangers that your kid faces online?
Teach parents how to be cyber smart by understanding the different risks that their kids could be exposed to online. Learn how to avoid these risks. Discover how to use new technologies as allies to keep families cyber safe.
What’s in it for me as a parent?
Have you ever worried about the potential dangers that your kids could face? How can you balance the need to protect your children while not invading their privacy? What about the impact of cyber bullying can have on your children?
Through role-plays, quizzes and interactive presentations, you will learn how to protect your children from cyber bullies, online predators and hackers trying to steal personal information. You will also learn about the psychological aspects of social media, and how this can be an addictive and isolating experience if not used properly.
How does it look?
- Cyber Smart Families interactive presentation will focus on cyber threats that kids and teenagers are particularly vulnerable to. The presentation will provide tips to parents on how to deal with common risks such as cyberbullying, access to inappropriate content and addiction to social media and isolation. It will also include interesting debates, real practical cases and fun videos.
- Cyber Smart Families case study workshop will focus on presenting hypothetical situations which parents must put themselves in. Through role play, parents will explore how they would react if their kids were victims of cyberbullying. This exercise will be followed by reflections and practical tips that parents can learn, adopt and apply within their daily lives.
- Meet reliable experts that will provide you tips and tricks on how to secure your banking application, social media accounts and personal email.
- Learning how to configure parental controls and security settings on your kids’ mobile devices, use technology for your kids’ development, react if your kid is a victim of cyberbullying, and protect your kids and teenagers from social media addiction and isolation.
- You will be given booklets, posters and prizes to take home.