Leszek Miś is the Founder of Defensive Security (www.defensive-security.com), Principal Trainer and Security Researcher with over 15 years of experience in Cyber Security and Open Source Security Solutions market. He went through the full path of the infosec carrier positions: from OSS researcher, Linux administrator and system developer, Solution Engineer, DevOps and CI, through penetration tester and security consultant delivering hardening services and training for the biggest players in the European market, to become finally an IT Security Architect / SOC Security Analyst with deep non-vendor focus on Network Security attack and detection. He’s got deep knowledge about finding blind spots and security gaps in corporate environments. Perfectly understands technology and business values from delivering structured, automated adversary simulation platform.
Recognized speaker and trainer: BruCON, Black Hat US, OWASP Appsec US, FloCon US, Hack In The Box DBX/AMS, Infosec in the City SG, Nanosec Asia, Confidence PL, PLNOG, Open Source Day PL, Red Hat Roadshow. Member of OWASP Poland Chapter.
Author of many IT Security training:
- Open Source Defensive Security → The Trinity of Tactics for Defenders
- In & Out → Network Data Exfiltration Techniques [RED EDITION]
- In & Out → Detection of Network Data Exfiltration Techniques [BLUE EDITION]
- System Internals – Network, OS and Memory Forensics
- SELinux → Development & Administration of Mandatory Access Control Policy
- Advanced RHEL/CentOS Defensive Security & Hardening
- ModSecurity → Development and Management of Web Application Firewall rules
- FreeIPA → Identity Management for Linux Domain Environments & Trusts
Holds many certifications: OSCP, RHCA, RHCSS, Splunk Certified Architect.
His areas of interest include network “features” extraction, OS internals and forensics. Constantly tries to figure out “what da **ck” the AI/ML Network Security vendors try to sell. In free time he likes to break into “IoT world” just for fun.
Still learning hard every single day.