Come by the VXRL chip-off village and learn how to remove embedded eMMC chips for your own analysis. VXRL members will also teach you how to attack IoT/mobile devices to obtain privileges and gain access controls. In addition, some inexpensive JTAG/ISP and chip-off equipment will be made available for your testing and eMMC chips with circuit board kits will be made available for practice.
- Chips-off Demonstration
- Data Analysis
- Use the soldering iron and the dispenser to clean the chip
- Turn Off the machine
- Put the chip into the USB eMMC reader in correct direction
- Retrieve the date from the chip for analysis
- After cleaning the chips and put it in the eMMC reader, you will see the volume “DEFCONCHIPS” and you can start the analysis
- Use the common tools: Hex Editor, Python and APKTool to analyze the image file.
- Answer the questions and get the welcome gift